Thursday, September 17, 2009

Babbling

I am leaving again to haradh tomorrow early morning. I have to wake up at 4:00 a.m. to take an internal flight to hudaidah airport and wait there for two hours before a driver picks me up to Haradh in a two hour drive. I am already exhausted and I have no energy at all left to do anything. I have reached my breaking point and I keep meeting new people, interesting people, inviting me to dinners, parties, and drinks, and I have no time to go. It is a real shame. Sometimes, the price for success is just too high. I just hope that the plane does not crash like the latest Yemenia because then I don’t know if I can even talk about a price!
And I keep receiving those verbal congrats which never materialize into real action. There are hugs I used to have that are worth millions of this nonsense.

1 comment:

  1. And what for? All this effort for what? It's all ultimately absurd, meaningless. You learn, you die, all for nothing. And then you disappear - forever, remembered for perhaps one generation but not more. Sad atheist, sad, sad atheist.

    ReplyDelete