Friday, April 16, 2010

The boat trip syndrome (2)

A girl was longing, counting, and waiting impatiently for today to come. She has been living on and for the 16th of April 2010 for the past few months. Yesterday, it finally became clear that the long awaited day had finally come. Today, it was certain. Her lover, whom she hadn't seen for quite some time, will take the flight Paris-Beirut. No more waiting. There we go. Then comes the Iceland volcano, of course. I mean how often does a volcano take place? almost as often as I sky-dive (the mere idea of sky-diving freaks me out. I never even dared to bungee jump). The volcano, called Eyjafjallajokull, took place at just the time and exact location where depending on the wind direction and speed will disrupt that specific awaited flight to make the girl learn a lesson. A volcano? In my teenage, I hardly believed science books when they talked of volcanoes. It was almost surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment